Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Table design

       When life gives you lemons - create ... a table design :P
Size 80/80 cm.
Well, It is time to make something for me ... So this is a design for my table in the  living room. I love so much Arabic architecture style and that's why my inspiration were many mosques decorations and especially Hassan II mosque in Casablanca, Morocco, which is one of my favorite buildings in the world.
This design is totally mine. I used 1.5 mm, 3mm and 6mm strips wide. Colours - white, champagne, 3 different shades of brown, red and bordeaux 37cm length.



About statistic: approximetely 2700 different elements excluding behive techique, 646 strips 6mm wide, 1686 strips 3 mm wide.












Some detail from the work in porgress:












22 comments:

  1. Dani, I am speechless! What words can I choose to describe how much I love this project?! You are a true artist! <3

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U so much, Manu! Ur comment means a lot to me! <3

      Delete
  2. its absolutely stunning!! great work. nicely finished. seriously it is very very beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Krati! It took much time to decide what shapes to use and how to make my idea alive!

      Delete
  3. Awesome Quilling!!! Perfectly symmetrical :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniela, this is so perfect and symmetrical, amazing work of art !! I wonder how many hours it took you to complete this !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know bcz I didnt work on it every day - only on Saturday and Sunday ..so I can't say how much time exactly but I guess a month and lil more if work every day all the time - I lost much time to think of every detail really - may be one month I didnt touch it bcz of the middle circle problems :P

      Delete
  5. Lovely- will you put it under glass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - the table is with a glass on the top - so u see the small holes on the quilled base - they are made to fix it under the glass on the wooden part of the table :P

      Delete
  6. I keep coming back to admire this wonderful piece of art! I just love how neat and perfect everything is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully designed and brilliantly executed.
    You are a great artist!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U so much, Faberge! Really appreciate your opinion! <3

      Delete
  8. The design is absolutely fantastic! The technique is perfect and the details are amazing. Congratulations for your patience. This is a wonderful decoration of your table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful quilling. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bellissimi lavori ,brava buone feste ciao.

    ReplyDelete